When Mommy Needs a TIME OUT Too!
How to Take a Break BEFORE You Snap!!
It's been a long week in mommy world and let's face it, you are TIRED! Long days have been followed by long nights and you are barely functioning on the caffeine from your morning coffee.
You've been up all night with a fussy baby, or perhaps a sick toddler only to awake at the crack of dawn to start "moming" all over again. With all the constant cooking, cleaning, playing kid games, disarming battles between siblings, homework assignments, laundry, preparing lunches and dinners (the kids refuse to eat), kissing boo-boo's, wiping tiny bottoms, and the list goes on...
You feel like SNAPPING! but you are desperately trying to hold on to your composure. Being a mom is a FULL time J.O.B. ( I don't care what anyone says/thinks). You work hard every single day and I commend you!
But what do you do when you have finally reached your breaking point?
What do you do when mommy needs a time out too?
How to Take a Mommy Time Out
Ideas for a Time Out
- Find a quiet space to read a book
- Spend quiet time in the presence of the Lord.
- Go for a walk
- Take a relaxing hot bubble bath
- Go to a movie with friends
- Plan a date night with hubby
- Participate in a hobby you enjoy (swimming, crafting, writing, dancing, singing)
- Enjoy a day at the spa
- Enjoy a quiet dinner out alone